Who are your top 5 or 10 favorite Marvel Cinematic Universe Male and Female Characters?

It can be from the Movie and TV Show as long as MCU.

Male:

1. Captain America

2. Iron Man

3. Black Panther

4. Spider-Man

5. Daredevil

6. Thor

7. Thanos

8. Star-Lord

9. Loki

10. Kingpin

HM: Hulk, Nick Fury, Doctor Strange, The Punisher, Red Skull, Erik Killmonger, Ultron, Obadiah Stane, Bullseye, Jigsaw, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Killgrave, Winter Soldier, Hulk, Alphonso "Mack" Mackenzie, Chase Stein, Phil Coulson, Quicksilver, Vision, Vulture, Hawkeye, Ant-Man, Drax, Ego, Rocket Racoon, Groot, Yondu, War Machine, Karl Mondo, and Falcon

Female:

1. Black Widow

2. Gamora

3. Jessica Jones

4. Melinda May

5. Scarlet Witch

6. Daisy "Quake" Johnson

7. Nico Minoru

8. Colleen Wing

9. Hela

10. Wasp

HM: Dagger, Peggy Carter, Ghost, Misty Knight, Elektra, Colleen Wing, Shuri, Maria Hill, Valkyrie, Sharon Carter, Ancient One, Okoye, Nakia, Mantis, Nebula, and Sif

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Male:

1. Kingpin

2. Daredevil

3. The Punisher

4. Spider-Man

5. Captain America:

6. Doctor Strange

7. Iron Man

8. Thor

9. Thanos

10. Star-Lord

Honorable Mentions: Ant-Man, Iron Fist, Alex Wilder, Loki, Luke Cage

Female

1. Black Widow

2. Peggy Carter

3. Gamora

4. Scarlet Witch

5. Daisy Johnson

6. Melinda May

7. Hela

8. Jessica Jones

9. Wasp

10. Colleen Wing

Honorable Mentions: Karolina Dean, Nico Minoru

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 years ago

black panther

black widow

thor

spider man

iron man

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

5.black panther

4.black widow

3.daredevil

2.captain america

1.the thing

• 2 years ago

Male would be Spider-Man, Drax, Rocket, Star-Lord, Iron-Man.

Female would be Black Widow, and uhhhh....jeez, the MCU women really need better writing. Can I just name Black Widow 5 times? I guess, Hela, Shuri, Mantis and Nebula.

The MCU females have really not been given good opportunities so far. The fact that most of my list have been not-so-major characters I think speaks loudly to that. I'm cautiously optimistic about Captain Marvel but Brie Larsen's lack of more than one facial expression in the trailers, and that expression being "bored", is making me nervous. Carol Danvers has been portrayed so many different ways, you can arguably get away with anything, but DeConnick's portrayal had her as a joke-teller, and I think they should have gone with that. It doesn't look like they did.

The only reason I even got to 5 was because your list reminded me of some, whereas I could name 5 males off the top of my head. Even the 5 above I'm not thrilled with. But look at the other choices:

Gamora has the thankless task of being the "straight-man" to all the wacky characters.

Jessica is actually the worst character in her own show. I actually like Hellcat better, though even she is just okay.

Melinda May is a one-dimensional character.

Scarlet Witch's actress is a snooze-fest.

Daisy was an entitled millenial.

Nico was not interesting. Karolina was the closest to being interesting of the female Runaways and she wasn't either.

Colleen was in an AWFUL show.

Wasp is, again, the straight-man in a comedy, a thankless task.

I didn't see Cloak & Dagger.

I LOVE the actress for Sharon Carter, but she is SUCH a minor character, that even though I adore Emily Van Camp and would pick her if she was playing Amanda Clarke in the MCU (now THAT was a badass female protagonist), Sharon can't be on the list.

Ghost was annoying.

Misty Knight is just sort of there, neither objectionable nor adding anything.

Elektra was...I mean she was adequate.

Maria Hill is just there to recite lines, she barely even counts as a character.

Valkyrie....okay, I need to see her more before I jump in, but there's definite potential there.

Ancient One was an empty shirt.

Okoye was no better than okay. See what I did there? eh? eh?

Sif is played by a bad actress and doesn't get screen time.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Zeke
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

Male: Iron Man, Spider-Man, Black Panther, Thor, Punisher, Daredevil, Star-Lord, Erik Killmonger, Kingpin, Luke Cage

Female: Black Widow, Peggy Carter, Elektra, Bobbi Morse, Scarlet Witch, Hela, Quake, Jessica Jones, Gamora, Melinda May

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.