do you guys think life has no meaning and everything sucks?

1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

The first noble truth of Buddhism is life is suffering, the second, suffering is caused by desire. It's not necessarily that it sucks, just that if you don't have everything you want, and even if you do, like Mick Jagger said, I can't get no satisfaction. I had a good night last night, but I guess half of me was enjoying it, and half of me was thinking about how it could have been better, if she was a little younger, thinner, etc. I think that you can view the desire thing in one of two ways, you live your desires as best you can, and be content and grateful with what you have. The other way is to simply forget about all of it, and just try to be content with nothing, and that's why they meditate all day, to try to become content and learn how to control their minds to imagine anything is true, or possible. On various hallucinogens, I realized that my mind was capable of imagining almost any reality into being, potentially.

• Janet
    1 year ago

Life has whatever meaning YOU assign it. And things suck ONLY when we think we need something and don't get it. Since no one gets everything they think they need, we set ourselves up for unhappiness. It is far easier to just relax and live fully in this moment ... accepting both the negative and the positive and living vibrantly in the moment. THIS is freedom from suffering, and it is freedom from reacting to our aversions. Happiness is a state of mind, so it doesn't come from outer things. It only comes from inner things. But IF we THINK happiness depends on outer things, that is when life starts to suck.

• 1 year ago

That is how i feel sometimes.

• geezer
    1 year ago

No

• Petter
    1 year ago

No.