Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 year ago

Who agrees with me?

I am done with R rated movies. Too many R rated movies nowadays just force sex, violence, and vulgar language down our throats solely for dramatic effect. A good movie doesn’t need any of those elements to be an “adult” movie or to be good. A good movie can be PG for all I care but it will have a good storyline that at least makes sense. I don’t appreciate senseless violence, sex, or vulgar language solely for dramatic effect. My advice to directors is that I would rather watch corny actors than be bombarded with all that ****. If the directors are out of ideas, then just make a mediocre movie and accept your fate ok? No amount of sex or violence is gonna automatically get the movie’s ratings up or get it an Emmy award. We don’t need any of that **** in our heads especially when it has nothing to do with the story, no relevance to anything, and most importantly, it’s not realistic. How hard is it for directors to figure out that kids don’t swear on a regular basis?

• Olive
    1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

I agree dont need the nudity or violence or vulgar language. I prefer older films n shows that dosent have all that in it so much

• 1 year ago

I rarely watch hollywood movies any more. They are formulaic pap, cgi laden, rip offs of comics, young adult and other fiction written at about a 5th grade reading level.

There are still lots of excellent films made before 2000, independently produced and foreign films that have actual plots and a whole lot of excellent documenters for me to watch. Which I do.

The most recent film I watched was Wonder Woman, it was trash. Two hours of my life I will never get back.

• 1 year ago

Not me I will still watch them it is fun to watch movies that kids can't watch at least not without a parent or and adult guardian in theaters, in less they figure out how to sneak into the movie. Movie studios know a good way to insure a way to get a R rating if they have many F bombs in the movie or as many as you can, and you can only get couple of them in there, at least twice and still get a PG-13. Your just going to run the risk of missing out on good movies for as many of them will have a r rating, I am not going to say all of them. To date there has never been a R rated Disney to be released as a Disney film or Disney presents. Through they have had some PG-13 movies, but look to enjoy the movies Dumbo, Aladdin and The Lion King.

1 year ago

you will have a long wait if you want a hollywood movie with a great story and a proper ending

• That would mean the end of Joe Pesci's acting career then...

• JuanB
    1 year ago

You are on your own. I find the Hollywood formula strives to get a PG rating. Their sole purpose is to sell tickets and PG guarantees people of all ages can get in. Especially the teens who tend to spend more on movies.

I find a good R movie the director has said screw the system. I want my artistic credibility to come through here, and I am not going to cut stuff out to dilute things just so the movie makes more money with a PG rating.