No asked in Society & CultureRoyalty · 11 months ago

T or F: Kate Middleton is good role model for young women?

When it comes to style, behavior etc

Favorite Answer

I don't know if she is a good role model. She smiles and waves at the appropriate times and leads a normal life, of loving wife and devoted mother so, in that way she is a good role model...well let's just say, she isn't a bad role model.

I do not think you understand role model

someone of this kind of stature is not even a consideration

people around you are role models and maybe a rare person of notoriety

but not someone is such a situation that is not normal and not obtainable

Oh yeah sure she is, walking around with your boobs and backside out is always a good idea.

No. She is required to follow many rules because she is in the royal family. Therefore, her actions are to an extent out of touch with the rest of society.

Some people may disagree, but I think a women who isn’t allowed to work shouldn’t be considered a role model. Being a mother shouldn’t always been a girls highest goal in life.

not all young women. at least not for me

• GEEGEE

I'm considerably older than her, and American, so it's kind of hard for me to relate to her, Age and citizenship aside, she's married into an incredibly wealthy family and many of her options are severely limited by what royal protocol dictates, so it's hard to say what she'd be doing/wearing if she were married to someone else.

T.

she could be to some young women*..

Her style is only because of the royal stylists who control everything she wears. She didn't dress like that before she got married. Here is one of her fashion disasters

She also never had a real job. She finished school then waited around for years for Will to propose to her. Why go to a top university like St Andrews if you aren't going to do anything with it - not even volunteer if she didn't need to work for money?

• Lili

There's no committee of "royal stylists" who dress her and dictate everything she wears. She's always had pretty conservative tastes.

True, for some. I don't think there would be that many young women using her as a role model because she's basically old enough to be their mother who's an older generation. Young girls prefer to look up to someone closer to their own age.

Based on what I see & reading on the media, I would say your statement appears to be true.