Why is it that religions of today allow everyone no matter their lifestyle to be members of their churches when..?

Gal 5: describes the works of the flesh and how they will stop one from entering the Kingdom (Matt 24:14)

Gal 5:19) Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness

(Gal 5:14b) “You must love your neighbor as yourself.”

Would a person love their neighbor by committing adultery, fornication, uncleanness or lewdness towards them or with them?

The definition of the word fornication in Greek is [porneia} and {porneia} covers all of these immoral acts: adultery, fornication, homosexuality, lesbianism, intercourse with animals etc.

Verse 20 also includes) idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies,

And verse 21 ends with this) envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

At James 4:4) Adulterers and adulteresses! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Whoever therefore wants to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God.

What does the Bible, God’s word tell us about those that practice the works of the flesh)

Are the different churches indulging or allowing those that live a lifestyle that includes the work of the flesh obeying God’s word, shouldn’t they consider (1 Co 5:13) while God judges those outside? “Remove the wicked person from among yourselves.”

I'm asking anyone to judge their neighbor, I'm asking why the different churches allow those that "practice" these sin to associate freely within the church when the scriptures make it plain that those who live an immoral lifestyle, abusive speech, fornication (adultery, homosexuals and bestiality)

Finding truth means we change, put on a new personality, not just call ourselves yet not change into what we are told about how a true Christian lives!

That's I'm "not" asking anyone to judge their neighbor!

(2 Corinthians 5:17) Therefore, if anyone is in union with Christ, he is a new creation; the old things passed away; look! new things have come into existence.(1 John 2:17)The world is passing away and so is its desire, but he that does the will of God remains forever. Compare (Psalms 37:9)9 (American Standard) For evil-doers shall be cut off; But those that wait for Jehovah, they shall inherit the land..

Favorite Answer

some say church is a hospital for sinners....ALL OF US ARE IMPERFECT....CONSIDER PRAYING TO JESUS.

• Wayne1 year agoReport

Knowledge begets responsibility and yes we are all sinners! We are to put on a new personality when we learn what God requires of us! Going to church 1-3 time a week does not make you a Christian! And yes prayer is always good!

• Rod

The key words in these passage of scriptures you quote are:

(Gal 5:19) Now the WORKS of the FLESH are... (caps mine)

When a person trusts Jesus as their Saviour by believing he died, was buried and rose again on the 3rd day for their sins which is the salvation gospel (1Cor 15:1-4) we are told this about our salvation:

(Rom 8:1) There is therefore now NO CONDEMNATION to them which are in Christ Jesus.

A christian is no longer under the curse of law which means an eternal death after you die a natural death in the grave (Rom 5:12 & Gal 3:10)

(Rom 6:23) For the wages of sin is DEATH.

Because of God's LOVE and GRACE to us through his Son dying for our sins (John 3:16, Rom 5:8 & Eph 2:8-9) he is willing to forgive every person of their sins past, present and future to anyone who trusts Christ for their salvation (Eph 1:7 -13)

We are declared righteous of God by our faith in Christ Jesus (Rom 3:22) and while it's true christians still sin after they are saved because they are still living in their sinful flesh --- Paul said this of himself after he was saved ! (Rom 7:14-25) God does NOT hold this against us.

(Rom 8:8) So then they that are in the FLESH CANNOT PLEASE God.

v:9 But ye are NOT in the FLESH, but in the Spirit.

Spiritually speaking a christian is not saved in his flesh by God and neither does he serve God in his flesh because it is CORRUPT !

That's why we read every christian will enter heaven through the bodily resurrection from the grave one day when God changes our corrupt and mortal bodies into incorrupt and immortal bodies like Christ's (1Cor 15:51-55, Eph 5:14 & Phil 3:21)

Of course every christian should make an effort not to sin (Eph 4:25-32) and live a life pleasing to God while they are still in their earthly bodies but a christian committing sins has no bearing on their salvation.

Your conscious will just bother you all the time for sinning and make you feel bad !

While a christian is capable of committing the sins mentioned in (Gal 5:19-21) it is NOT directly addressed to us believers because we are saved but rather its to the unsaved.

Source(s): KJV 1611

You just don't get it, do you? Church is for sinners, and we're told to "judge not." Any who conduct themselves respectfully in church are welcome. They don't have to submit a bio to join.

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian
    • Wayne6 months agoReport

Church means to follow what the Bible says, but it has been turned into a place that gives others the idea that you are Christian for at least 1 day a week! The other 6 anything goes!

I know this for sure: If anyone finds a church where everyone is happy and social, everyone obeys all the rules without any visible conflicts or problems...they've found one heck of a pile of hypocrites and frauds.

• Wayne1 year agoReport

We all fall short of the glory of God, the question is do you try to walk as sinless as possible or do you do what ever feels good and think God will except you because your a nice person!

I can not speak for religions. But Christianity is not a social club that forbid some and accept others with open arms depending on their status. If anyone is treating the Christian Church as such they are just dead wrong. The purpose of Christianity is to enlighten the lost with the Good News. if they are in a Christian Church hopefully they are seeking Christ. Jesus came to seek and save the lost.

Source(s): John 3:16-17 & Mark 2:16-17
    • If anyone respectfully comments on my reply to a question I don't see it as arguing I see it as fellowship. I can't know what anyone's personal relationship is with God. But I agree, any Christian who still does all that after proclaiming their salvation really should reevaluate their salvation

Oh, I don't know, maybe the part about JUDGE NOT, LEST YE BE JUDGED?

• Wayne6 months agoReport

If we are going to learn then what we learn should be put in to practice otherwise what's the point! It is like setting down a a well prepared meal and not eating!

More members equal more tithing.

• Wayne6 months agoReport

I do believe that most go to church because that is where they learn about God, I do think the churches are letting people down by not teaching what the bible really says but teach what they think will be liked by most in attendance!

More followers and believers keeps the dogma alive and the charlatan priests in business, without new followers the cult dies out and becomes obsolete.

• Wayne6 months agoReport

It's good for business, especially in a declining market.

• Wayne6 months agoReport