michelle asked in HealthOther - Health · 11 months ago

Diarrhea and stomach cramping?

Here’s the situation:

I am currently on vacation (in the US, not outside of the country). I woke up with diarrhea, and I’ve gone to the bathroom multiple times at this point. I also have mild stomach cramps/ pain along with it, but the diarrhea is the main issue. Here’s what I ate yesterday: an egg and English muffin sandwich, a banana, a grilled chicken salad (chicken, lettuce, corn, black beans), pretzels and crackers, and a Greek salad. This morning I had a couple pieces of toast to try and make myself feel better. What could be the cause of this? Food poisoning? Stomach virus? I was thinking maybe I ate too many raw vegetables yesterday? Any input would be appreciated. I just took some pepto bismol, which is helping a bit. I am also drinking water.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    11 months ago

I just got over this except mine included vomiting :/ bleh.

Theres no way to tell what you have unless you got tests done in a doctors office, but that clearly isnt necessary lol. I'd guess a stomach bug or food poisoning. If the diarrhea consists for more than six days, I would definitely go to the doctors. Drink plenty of water, and take it slow with very bland food for a few days

• 11 months ago

Maybe something was expired or the chicken wasn't cooked fully or wasn't handled properly. You know you have food poisoning when you have hot and cold flashes and you are sweating. Stomach flu is different. It could be stress. Did you have a stressful day yesterday? Or it could simply be bad food. When I ate at Denny's, that happened to me but it only lasts a day so it isn't something life threatening. You'll be fine.

• 11 months ago

Diarrhea causes dehydration so drink water to replenish yourself. Diarrhea can also be a way your body is flushing away an infection. In that case, allow 24 hours to flush away the bug before you start taking anti-diarrhea meds.

• Anonymous
    11 months ago

You might have diarrhea and constipation simultaneously at the same time.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Laura
    Lv 7
    11 months ago

It could be anything, from the food not being prepared properly to not being stored properly to not being food related at all and being a side effect of something else, like another medication, or just from the stress of travel.

Take some pepto, eat foods that you think you can manage, and drink more water than you think. Diarrhea isn't that bad if you manage the dehydration that comes with it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.