What causes some people to act cold to you when you firs meet them?

I started a new job and the first week met some very nice people, very helpful and talkative. Then the next month, I was reassigned to different teams and two peoplewere extremely cold to me first meeting them. For example, one of the team leaders looked at me like I was unfit of her time. I tried to strike up... show more I started a new job and the first week met some very nice people, very helpful and talkative. Then the next month, I was reassigned to different teams and two peoplewere extremely cold to me first meeting them.

For example, one of the team leaders looked at me like I was unfit of her time. I tried to strike up normal conversation about where they live and what they do and then talked about where I grew up. And made no effort to continue the conversation.

Another person I said good morning and good night to every day and got nothing but a short response. Then I decided one day to stop and see if they would say it to me when we left work, they didnt.

I always feel like something is wrong with me but could it be something else?