How to get a gun registered to me?

my girlfriend s grandma has a handgun and she wants to give it to me, what do I have to do to legally own it? Live in Ohio

• 1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

There is no gun registration in Ohio, no licenses or permits required, and no background checks required for private party transfers.

If your Girlfriend's Grandma wants to give you a handgun legally she merely needs to hand it to you. Though not required, it is strongly urged you say "Thank you."

Check out the link for more info about Ohio Gun Laws.

• Boris
    1 year ago

There is no such thing as registration for the state of Ohio or any of the neighboring states

• 1 year ago

There is NO SUCH THING as gun registration in Ohio. Assuming you can legally own a gun, the ONLY requirement is that she physically gives you the gun.

• 1 year ago

Check OH law and local regulations. Shipping from a FFL Dealer in her area, to one in your area is the safest and most legal method. You can take possession of it after showing the correct documents and following the proper procedures.

• 1 year agoReport

Wrong.