Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 year ago

Is it so very wrong for one to feel self-righteous when one is, obviously, righteous?

Similarly, is it really unfair for one to have a 'holier-than-thou' expression when one is, after all, holier?

• 1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

This reminds me of that song they sing in church by hillsong that sings " I am chosen not forsaken I am who you say I am " The song sounds good and everything but then I think of the 24 elders who are before the thrown of God casting their crowns at His feet saying "Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created." Then I imagine myself in the presence of God as they are singing that song " I am chosen not forsaken I am who you say I am " an I just can't even imagine those words coming out of my mouth in his presence. Yes you are chosen and not forsaken if you are saved but compared to those 24 elders who are also chosen and their expression of casting their crown at his feet shows us how we ought to think of Him and ourselves. We are nothing and He is worthy even if we are chosen we are to be humble in his presence and not even mention it because He already knows. When I read you question I think of the story Jesus told about the guy praying in the temple with his head lifted to heaven saying God thanks that i'm not like that other person a sinner and what not but the other person who was a sinner didn't even look up to heaven and said Lord have mercy on me a sinner. And Jesus said the one who was the sinner went away justified over the one who thought they were more holy. Be careful with the more holy than thou or you may fall one day if pride gets to your heart. I use to have that mindset, but I know I am nothing without the power of God. He is the one that keeps us from committing the horrible sins we use to. It's His power not ours.

• 1 year ago

It would be if your sure such but then most Christians rather reflex the image of Christ and not their own ego and it is as a friend that sticks closer than a brother and we speak ib tongues to prove he does....

• 1 year ago

LOL! :D

I think most self-righteous people don't *really* have superior morals. In fact..? They're often bigoted and hateful! And probably make lots of mistakes in their lives! Just like any other person. And perhaps even MORE so.. But they put on this smarmy, superior attitude, anyhow. Because.. ego. As propped up by them using their religion as an excuse to THINK they're better than other people. Which is also pride and conceit, in the worst way.

As for people that are just genuinely kind, loving and sweet..? Most of them feel NO such need to condemn others, in my experience! Or put on this whole show of: "look at how great I am!" They just perform acts of kindness, because that's who they really are, and what they want to do...

For anyone who feels the need to FLAUNT how good they are..? That's probably because they're not very good, to begin with. Kind of like: if you've got an utterly amazing product, it tends to sell itself! Whereas if you've got a sh*tty, mediocre product..? You usually have to REALLY overdo it on the advertising, in order to draw people in. :-P

• 1 year ago

1 Peter 1:13, "Be ye Holy as He is holy".

1 year ago

Romans 3: 10 As it is written:

“There is none righteous, no, not one;

11 There is none who understands;

There is none who seeks after God.

12 They have all turned aside;

They have together become unprofitable;

There is none who does good, no, not one.”

• 1 year ago

You know that brown stuff that comes out of your ***? Eat it.

1 year ago

Smug much?