Patrick L asked in SportsBaseball · 11 months ago

Yankees sign Lemahieu, do they trade Torres?

Yankees sign Lemahieu they can move Torres to SS for the time being while Didi is still out. They have Tulo as well. Do they trade Torres to a team that doesn't get Machado, such as the White Sox? With the prospects the white sox have in the wings this could make sens. Yes Didi is a fee agent after this year but he could stay in NY.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 11 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Cashman has made it pretty clear recently that they don't want to trade Torres. If I had to guess, I would say that they don't re-sign Tulo or Didi next offseason, leaving them with LeMahieu, Torres, and Andujar in the infield and some extra money to spend when Judge, Sanchez, and Severino become free agents. If Estrada can come back from the injuries and play as well this year as he did in 2017, he will probably be able to reach the majors by the end of the season.

• 6 months ago

What does the dj stand for in Lemahieu name

• 11 months ago

im hoping not, though i think Andujar gets dealt

• 11 months ago

They did a great thing adding LeMahieu. They shouldn't be too worried about trading anyone at this point. They are loaded at the the middle infield spots, but that can all change in a heartbeat with an injury. They should be in no hurry to make quick judgments about what the team may need, on the offensive side anyway. Let these guys get to playing and take another look at the situation come about middle of June.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 11 months ago

LeMahieu can play at SS and 3rd. No need to move Torres when Gregorious returns to the lineup.

• 11 months ago

I think they should trade Didi because Torres is so young and you don't know how

Didi will do coming off injury. They could get some more good prospects from trading Didi.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.