Why does my mom think she’s boss of me? How can I stand up against my mom?

Just because she’s my mom doesn’t mean I have to be nice to her if my mom is not nice to me than I’m not nice to her.

Best Answer

If she's physically abusing you then you need to get away.

If she's just in a pissy mood then hang in there, things could be worse, she's your mother and has gone through more pain and agony for you than you will ever know about or that she will ever tell you about. You are here because of her. Have patience.

two wrongs dont nnake it right, if shes being abusive talk to sonneone in cps about it

Why does she think she’s the boss of you? She is.

Because she's your Mom

well I mean until you’re 18, she is the boss of you. But feel free to be mean because she can’t do much except ground you, call you names, take away your allowance/phone. But she might be kinda sad that you aren’t getting along. One time my mom and I were fighting, and I read her diary, and she was actually really sad we weren’t in a good place.

• Janet

If you are under 18, legally she IS the boss of you.

In fact, if you don't follow her rules, she COULD pack you off to a prison-like "military school".

If you are over 18, but living at home, it is her house and her rules. If you don't follow them, there is no reason she can't kick you out on the street.

Yes, you do need to be nice to her IF you want favors from her.

She is the one in power.

Don't cut yourself on all that edge, mate.