Why does my mom think she’s boss of me? How can I stand up against my mom?

Just because she’s my mom doesn’t mean I have to be nice to her if my mom is not nice to me than I’m not nice to her.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 months ago
    Best Answer

If she's physically abusing you then you need to get away.

If she's just in a pissy mood then hang in there, things could be worse, she's your mother and has gone through more pain and agony for you than you will ever know about or that she will ever tell you about. You are here because of her. Have patience.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

two wrongs dont nnake it right, if shes being abusive talk to sonneone in cps about it

• 10 months ago

Why does she think she’s the boss of you? She is.

• 10 months ago

Because she's your Mom

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 months ago

well I mean until you’re 18, she is the boss of you. But feel free to be mean because she can’t do much except ground you, call you names, take away your allowance/phone. But she might be kinda sad that you aren’t getting along. One time my mom and I were fighting, and I read her diary, and she was actually really sad we weren’t in a good place.

• Janet
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

If you are under 18, legally she IS the boss of you.

In fact, if you don't follow her rules, she COULD pack you off to a prison-like "military school".

If you are over 18, but living at home, it is her house and her rules. If you don't follow them, there is no reason she can't kick you out on the street.

Yes, you do need to be nice to her IF you want favors from her.

She is the one in power.

• 10 months ago

Don't cut yourself on all that edge, mate.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.