How difficult would it be to weld hair sized cracks on a steel mower deck so that they are not a concern anymore?

I first of all don't have a welding device, and was wondering if it is much of a difficult task to do if I were to take it to a welder and ask them to do it. how much time would take them maybe? and would they need to add metal to it to fill the hair sized cracks? they are not joined together all the way... show more I first of all don't have a welding device, and was wondering if it is much of a difficult task to do if I were to take it to a welder and ask them to do it.

how much time would take them maybe? and would they need to add metal to it to fill the hair sized cracks?

they are not joined together all the way over , but are getting there. I noticed that someone drilled some small holes on the ends of them. is that good enough or not and why?