Does a healthy/good diet mean never eating out or eating junk food?

I’ve read if you want to lose weight and keep it off, whatever changes you make to achieve that must become your lifestyle, not a temporary fix. So, if someone changes their diet by dropping unhealthy food and cooking at home, does that mean never again eating any amount of junk food or eating out at restaurants... show more I’ve read if you want to lose weight and keep it off, whatever changes you make to achieve that must become your lifestyle, not a temporary fix. So, if someone changes their diet by dropping unhealthy food and cooking at home, does that mean never again eating any amount of junk food or eating out at restaurants (fast food or non-fast food) for the rest of their life?

I ask because I am trying to change my diet to lose weight. However, my boyfriend and I usually eat out (places like Red Lobster, Olive Garden, IHOP, and so on) for occasions like our birthdays, our anniversary, or holidays (Valentine’s Day, Christmas, and maybe Easter). So, does that need to go forever (for me, not him) for the sake of losing weight and not regaining it, or can I keep it? I’ve already given up junk food entirely. I won’t eat so much as a small piece of candy, but I didn’t remember about restaurants until this morning.