Some Questions I have about getting a new apartment.?

Howdy, So I moved to Oregon from California and have been staying with the folks. Now Im ready to get my own place. Im looking for a 1 bed room apartment. I found a place off craigslist...I like it a lot....mostly.....BUT...I stayed in my old place so long that Im out of touch with the whole process, its... show more Howdy,
So I moved to Oregon from California and have been staying with the folks. Now Im ready to get my own place.

Im looking for a 1 bed room apartment.

I found a place off craigslist...I like it a lot....mostly.....BUT...I stayed in my old place so long that Im out of touch
with the whole process, its cost...and in general what to consider....so Im looking for advise.

Location: I havent been there yet so I dont know what the other tenants are like or the neighborhood. Its hard to tell by "Driving around" in Street View.
*** One thing I did notice...is the complex is right next to a Train Track. I already wrote the management company about that and they replied: " The train doesn't blow it's horn by us (only intersections, I believe) and only comes late at night - around 10:30 pm and close to 12:30 am, it seems, but they aren't consistent"

*** Would that stop you from getting this place?

Its in Albany, Or. The rent is $ 775.00.
*** Is that Bad or reasonable...or.??

It requires 12 month lease.
** Is that Bad ? I think my previous place was month to month.

I would have to pay for " electricity, water, and sewer...plus Renters insurance.
*** Is this bad? At my previous place I only had to pay for electricity. How much on average would all these things cost?

Well, Im sure I have more questions but this will do for a start.

Please advise.

Thanks Much !
Update: The train track is probably 50 feet from the complex.
Update 2: @ Lynette....for some reason Im not able to add a comment to your post. But...thank you for a most informative and useful answers. I did a drive by. While the complex, street, and unit is nice....the unit itself is the corner one...and the train track is not 50 feet away...its more like 10 feet away. Im not... show more @ Lynette....for some reason Im not able to add a comment to your post. But...thank you for a most informative and useful answers. I did a drive by. While the complex, street, and unit is nice....the unit itself is the corner one...and the train track is not 50 feet away...its more like 10 feet away. Im not kidding...you could step out on the back patio and touch the track with a broom stick. I sent the landlord a note saying I wouldnt be moving on with this one. Thanks Much !