Anonymous

Does getting a Master's degree increase your chance of getting a job? Or does it only increase the chance of you making more money?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 year ago

Grabbing a good job in today’s competitive market is not a cake walk, even if students have the right skills and good experience. Thus, every college student must plan for the job opportunities early. If you feel like you’re hanging by a thread, don’t get discouraged – this post will help you learn the ropes while looking for a job.

https://blog.mmumullana.org/5-things-students-shou...

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 year ago

Well depens what master degree you have and what job you are applying for,but if you have right master degree for a job you are applying then it will increase your chance of getting a job and with job comes money.

• 1 year ago

Both. I only got my job with DHS because I HAD the M.A., and my competition did not.

• 1 year ago

It all depends

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 year ago

It depends on what degree that your going into, like if you major in one of the S.T.E.M.s (science, technology, engineering, and math), you'll be guaranteed to make loads of money, but if you major in something like psychology, it'll be harder to find a job other than as a mental health professional. They might look at your completion of that schooling and hire you over someone else who only has their high school diploma and you might also get a higher pay, but depending on what you get your degree in, depends on what jobs are available for you.

• 1 year ago

It increases your chances of getting a job

• DON W
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

For some fields, it's basically a requirement. For instance, professional librarians are expected to have a MLS degree. No MLS, and no professional librarian job. For others, such as teaching, it's highly useful and will help you to qualify for the higher paying jobs.

• 1 year ago

It depends on the degrees involved. Get a degree in biology and you have unlimited opportunities. Then get a master's degree in physical therapy, and you can only look for one type of job. a master's is no guarantee of more earnings.

• Trinity1 year agoReport

What about psychology or nursing? Would you be able to find a job in those careers?

• 1 year ago

It does and it increases how much you could make at the job. It may not open a lot of positions up but employers will look at your first before anyone else

• 1 year ago

that would depend on what kind of job your masters degree is for.

Get one in something stupid and no, it won't help.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.