do you follow receipes or create your own food?

i used to follow receipes but my food always turned out bland so i just started seasoning to my taste. everyone has different tastes and a lot receipes don't add enough salt for my taste. the only exception is baking because everything has to be accurately measured

31 Answers

Relevance
  • Blonde
    Lv 7
    10 months ago
    Best Answer

Yes. I bought a basic BettyCrocker cook book years ago to learn how to cook. It has an index and glossary for measurements and words I didn’t know like ‘sauté’ or ‘brown’...then, after making the same basic recipes over and over, I memorized them, started to add my own spices. But still go back to it for rarelymade stuff, like pecan pie, or snickerdoodles.

• i create new receipes but usually they aren't so good :P

• 10 months ago

I don't measure either and i find myself adding my own touches to foods. I have a friend who finds a recipe for soup or a casserole, though, and she follows the recipe exactly... then she complains she doesn't like it. Somehow, i can tell whether i'd like a recipe better if i added or omitted some ingredient and when i put in the amounts of ingredients i feel would be tasty.

I'm with you on baking, though. I measure

• 10 months ago

I make up most of my recipes.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 months ago

I Follow recipes

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

Sometimes I fołlow a recipe exactly and sometimes I adapt a recipe to my taste, or even according to what ingredients I have.

I'm not a really creative cook though - I can't look at a collection of random ingredients and just make-up a dish.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

I look for ideas. Everything i eat is vegetarian (generally) and geared to certain health goals. Therefore it is always necessarily an interpretation. Though I don't go as far as some who translate chicken as chick peas! A good idea though.

• oikoσ
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

Both. Usually, the first time I make something, it is by the recipe. Once I know the principles, I am able to "wing it".

• denise
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

Half & half, I see a recipe, then tweak it to fit the ingredients I have, It usually works out well.

• Mog
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

I follow recipes for the basic idea of how to cook it but I customize it to my tastes and the availability of ingredients. Or I'll read a bunch of recipes and combine the best ideas. That's how I came up with my spicy meatloaf recipe. It's actually a combination of 6 recipes.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

the only thing I can 'cook' is ramin noodles, but sometimes I put frozen sweet corn in it !!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.