Kyle
Kyle asked in SportsFootball (American) · 11 months ago

Is Trevor Lawrence a future number one overall pick in the NFL draft?

After a dominating performance of throwing over 300 yards and 3 TDs against the number one defense in Alabama, did that help cement Lawrence as a future number one overall pick in the NFL?

He won't be eligible for three more years to declare, so keep your eye on 2021.

But if Lawrence keeps his head straight, and doesn't suffer setbacks he should be a number one pick after last night.

He's also a true freshmen as well.

• Mike L
    Favorite Answer

He has a chance at it. Depends on the need of the team that picks 1 that year and also if any other QBs develop more quickly.

• Mike L

I can see that changing in the coming years though. Barkley at RB was a shock at #2, but did great. Most RBs are late first rounders now at best. QB could shift away from that, who's to say? Desperation isn't always the best reason to draft a QB. I do see a trade up making it very possible though.

Probably not

I think he's got a shot at it.

• Bob

Yes he is projected by many to be the number one overall pick when he decides to turn pro.

Possibly. I even think their wide receiver Justyn Ross will be a top 5 draft pick. He’s only a freshmen too.