Health Code question? (Restaurant)?

Well I’m 16 years old and have my first job at Dunkin Donuts. We have regularly scheduled hours we work weekly. One of my days is Sunday nights 5pm-10pm. If we can’t make the shift, we have to find our own coverage no matter what. Yesterday, I woke up very sick. My temperature was 102 degrees and I was coughing... show more Well I’m 16 years old and have my first job at Dunkin Donuts. We have regularly scheduled hours we work weekly. One of my days is Sunday nights 5pm-10pm. If we can’t make the shift, we have to find our own coverage no matter what. Yesterday, I woke up very sick. My temperature was 102 degrees and I was coughing like crazy and I could barely speak. I texted all my coworkers and most of them didn’t even answer me. Mind you, I have NEVER asked anyone to cover me even though Ive been working there for 8 months. I’m constantly covering everyone else. I was super sick, so I had to ask my manager. She told me she would find someone. But she just asked the same people I did, and told me I would have to come in. By the time i had work, i was still a coughing mess with a temperature at 101 degrees. I touched people’s drinks and food while sick. That feels wrong to me? I feel like they just used me because I didn’t know better.
5 answers 5