Martin
Martin asked in TravelAir Travel · 1 year ago

Isn't is ridiculous for airlines to cancel airplanes every time there is severe weather?

I had to miss my cruise because of a weather cancellation.

This was just a severe thunderstorm. It's not like anything would happen if they took off.

Come on guys, you know airplane accidents are extremely rare.

I am 83 years old, and I know air plane accidents are extremely rare.

Here is the thing. I would nt mind having to wait for a couple of hours, but asking me to wait a WHOLE DAY is crazy.

I had to regather all my luggage and find another hotel to stay in.

They wouldn't even pay for my hotel room.

The biggest inconvenience was having to miss a cruise. The cruise leaves when it leaves and I missed it. The airplane company couldn't even be bothered to pay me for my missed cruise.

You may also want to know it took over a year to book this cruise.

The last thing I want you guys to consider is what are the chances of actually crashing. I understand there is a chance, but I will take a 1% chance of crashing to get to my destination on time.

• Robin
    1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

you wouldn't say that if yours crashed

• Evan
    1 year ago

No because if the pilot does not have enough visibility they cannot land safe, I would prefer to take a later flight and land alive

• Martin
      1 year agoReport

They did not delay, they CANCELLED. That means you get to wait a whole other day. I had a cruise which I had to miss because of this.

• 1 year ago

Of course they don't cancel 'every time' there's severe weather. It depends on what the severe weather is likely to be at the time of your departure and flight time. It's frustrating when YOUR flight gets cut, but I know I'd rather die of boredom waiting for the weather to improve than die in aplane crash.

• Bill-M
    1 year ago

Severe Weather causes airplanes to fall out of the sky.

• 1 year ago

Hey you sound like me ! I like jumping off of cliffs, driving down the freeway at night with my lights turned off, blow drying my hair while I m soaking in the tub, life is so boring ! I get so annoyed when I m watching t.v and I get interrupted by a stupid tornado warning for my area ! Hey !, we should meet and take turns throwing hatchets at each other ! It s fun !

• 1 year ago

No, not ridiculous, they want air travel to be safe.

• 1 year ago

No, they shouldn't fly when it isn't safe

• No, not unless you would like to die from the severe weather

• If a plane flies into a thunderstorm it is going to be a target for lightning. If it gets struck by lightning it can short out the plane and it will crash.

• 1 year ago

If condition are unsafe to land of take off, then the airline has a duty to ensure its passengers are safe. Would you really think it ok to operate in a tropical storm or hurricane?

• trailblazer
      1 year agoReport

https://www.experimentalaircraft.info/flight-planning/aviation-hazards-4.php

Take look at this, and then decide if you want to fly in these conditions.

1 year ago

No, it is not. It is prudent.