The cold tap handle in my mixer tap came off in my hand - it seems a plastic insert broke -does it mean a new tap? Or is it fixable ?

1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

You don't need a new tap. Turn water off, then remove he cartridge (with broken stem) take it to plumbing supply house and reinstall. When I did this, some plumbing places acted like I was asking the impossible.n They will try to sell you a new faucet. I finally got steered to the right place. The cartridge type faucet works great but they cannot be man-handled.

1 year ago

Call a plumber. Even if it is fixable, me thinks you do not know how to repair one.

• 1 year ago

take the broken off part in to your local hardware or home improvement [big box] store. they can probably sell you the replacement part and advise on how to install

Source(s): grampa
  • roger
    1 year ago

Take the handle to a hardware store and see if they have replacement inserts.

• 1 year ago

The plastic spline is not fixable. You may be able to purchase a replacement tap gland or cartridge.