Robin
Lv 7
Robin asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationHunting · 11 months ago

does the 375 H&H have enough energy for shooting tigers?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 11 months ago
    Favorite Answer

The 375 H&H has a long history as a preferred cartridge for all African big game and Alaskan big grizzly and polar bears. There is nothing alive on Planet Earth it cannot kill in one shot.

• miyuki & kyojin
      Lv 7
      11 months agoReport

It OK for tigers, need .458 Winchester or bigger for elephant, rhinoceros and buffalo however.

• 11 months ago

Yes. The 375 H&H mag is the minimum legal gun in most nations for game up to and including elephants. It is more than capable of taking out a tiger. Keep in mind it is not a distance gun so do not go stick on a 12 power scope and think you can shoot the tigers from 400 meters away.

• 11 months ago

Yes, is fine for shooting tigers. A bit light for elephant however.

• miyuki & kyojin
      Lv 7
      11 months agoReport

I see 2 TDs. 2 people strive for Darwin Award and want elephant to squash them. Many people want to use inadequate cartridges lately.

• 11 months ago

Yes, I think it's about right for lions and tigers.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    11 months ago

It's a good choice for tiger. The .378 Weatherby is a more powerful loading of the same caliber. Choose one of them, and you'll be OK on tigers.

• 11 months ago

Yes. The .375 Holland and Holland is very ideal for hunting tigers.

Anything from .30-06 and up will kill a Kodiak brown bear, and therefore will kill a tiger.

• Sandra K
      Lv 6
      11 months agoReport

A .30-06 is too light to be reliable on tiger or Kodiak bear.

• zipper
    Lv 6
    11 months ago

YES! That is what it was intended for: lion, tiger, buffalo, rhino, and elephant. But It kicks like Aunt Marries Mules Jasper!

• 11 months ago

The simplest answer is, oh yes.

• Adam D
    Lv 7
    11 months ago

Though large predators are dangerous, they typically aren't as hard to kill as large prey species. A .375 H&H should be plenty for such creatures.

EDIT: My comment is of course excluding large bears, which are very hard to kill.

• Anonymous
    11 months ago

In my opinion I would consider it enough to take down a tiger.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.