Robin
Robin asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationHunting · 11 months ago

does the 375 H&H have enough energy for shooting tigers?

Favorite Answer

The 375 H&H has a long history as a preferred cartridge for all African big game and Alaskan big grizzly and polar bears. There is nothing alive on Planet Earth it cannot kill in one shot.

• miyuki & kyojin

It OK for tigers, need .458 Winchester or bigger for elephant, rhinoceros and buffalo however.

Yes. The 375 H&H mag is the minimum legal gun in most nations for game up to and including elephants. It is more than capable of taking out a tiger. Keep in mind it is not a distance gun so do not go stick on a 12 power scope and think you can shoot the tigers from 400 meters away.

Yes, is fine for shooting tigers. A bit light for elephant however.

• miyuki & kyojin

I see 2 TDs. 2 people strive for Darwin Award and want elephant to squash them. Many people want to use inadequate cartridges lately.

Yes, I think it's about right for lions and tigers.

It's a good choice for tiger. The .378 Weatherby is a more powerful loading of the same caliber. Choose one of them, and you'll be OK on tigers.

Yes. The .375 Holland and Holland is very ideal for hunting tigers.

Anything from .30-06 and up will kill a Kodiak brown bear, and therefore will kill a tiger.

• Sandra K

A .30-06 is too light to be reliable on tiger or Kodiak bear.

• zipper

YES! That is what it was intended for: lion, tiger, buffalo, rhino, and elephant. But It kicks like Aunt Marries Mules Jasper!

The simplest answer is, oh yes.

• Adam D

Though large predators are dangerous, they typically aren't as hard to kill as large prey species. A .375 H&H should be plenty for such creatures.

EDIT: My comment is of course excluding large bears, which are very hard to kill.

In my opinion I would consider it enough to take down a tiger.