Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsSurfing · 1 year ago

Are longboards from Walmart worth buying?

They’re cheap and rn I’m pretty broke and I might get one and then save up for a better one.. but are they worth it?

Save up! My first surfboard was super cheap and it broke after only a summers use, so in my opinion saving money and getting a nice board is worth it

• DIEGO.

it is not so popular here where actually i live, but i like this sport!

**** no

• 1 year ago

Nah

• 1 year ago

you get what you pay for

• 1 year ago

A used proven board is better than a cheap useless one.

• Robsteriark
      1 year agoReport

Wrong. The cheapest boards have injection-moulded decks, the wheel bearing and metal castings are exceptionally cheap and not well engineered. Better boards have higher quality components, made from better materials.

1 year ago

Sure. They are all fiberglas over the same closed cell polyurethane core (used to be Clark Foam, but now closed.)

Or, go on Craig's List and get a better , used one for same $. A few dings machts nichts. You Will ding your board, anyway.

Source(s): Used to surf in N. CA ; Waikiki, once. Had a short Aussie board. Attempted to make one with a Clark Foam core.
    1 year ago

It is a crap shoot. Go ahead and try one.

• 1 year ago

Some retailers such as ALDI and LIDL have a reputation for great quality at low prices.

Others, such as Walmart/ASDA have a reputation for low-priced crap.

Not saying what you’ve seen is poor value even at a low price, but their track record suggests not. A deck which snaps or trucks which break can cause severe injuries or even worse. If you buy then don’t push the gear to any extremes and make sure to wear full safety gear.

• Robsteriark
      1 year agoReport

There were trucks when I was a skateboarder. But maybe the terminology has changed since the days of my QuikSilver deck, California Slalom 7” trucks and my 86mm Red Kryptonic wheels...

1 year ago

It's Walmart, you'll get what you pay for and sometimes you'll get less than what you pay for.