What should I do if a restaurant worker or manager takes my order THEN informs me that they're doing to-go only AFTER THEY TOOK MY ORDER?

At a local pizza place, I placed my order for pizza and ordered a drink (planning on eating there that night) then sat down. A while after I ordered (probably enough time for them to have got my pizza beyond started), the guy working there brought over my drink then says "you know we're doing to-go only, right?" and informed me that they're closing early due to slow business.

I didn't know that and dont know how I was supposed to already know they were doing to-go only. I feel that he should have told me that before i ordered food or even first thing when I walked in.

I'm not so much mad because they were doing to-go only but what I am mad about is that he took my order THEN minutes later he surprises me with "you know we're doing to-go only right?" when it was beyond the last minute and putting me in this awkward position.

What should I do when this kinda thing happens?

Or what would you do if someone did that to you in this scenario?

Favorite Answer

Request refund

• Linda

Because it's the END of their SHIFT - IDIOT!

You would be justified in walking out. Not everyone eats pizza standing on the street. On the other hand, how comfortable would you be knowing they want to go home? Go earlier or pick a place that stays open.

You got the bum's rush, but I wouldn't make much out of it. You can;t blame him for wanting to get home.

Cancel your order and get your money back. Then go to another place.

Well then get a refund and leave, you don’t have to pay for it if all you wanted was dining in and not the food.

• pmt853

One wonders what Christmas will be like in the Rotondo household this year.

In the summer Michael Rotondo, 30, was sued by his own parents, who wanted him to leave their house in New York state.

They said he'd repeatedly ignored pleas to move out, but he eventually did so after he lost his court battle. But not before calling police in a row about Lego.

• Bob

I would either take it to go,or cancel the order & leave if I had did not pay when I ordered,if I did pay when I ordered-and that's been the case every time I have gone into a local pizza place,I would cancel, get a refund and then leave.

That you are mostly getting answers from chinese bot spamers makes me so happy.

Nobody is interested in your OCD spamming.