Austin Texas or NYC?

Currently live in filthadelphia and want to move. Wifes family lives in texas and we both like it because of how cheap it is to live and other stuff. I make 75k and that will go far in texas rather than NYC. But NYC has alot of culture, more jobs and it is more us. We both are artist and we like the city vibe but... show more Currently live in filthadelphia and want to move. Wifes family lives in texas and we both like it because of how cheap it is to live and other stuff. I make 75k and that will go far in texas rather than NYC. But NYC has alot of culture, more jobs and it is more us. We both are artist and we like the city vibe but not sure if Austin has art culture. But at the same we want to own a house rather then renting a 3000 studio in NYC. We want to own stuff then rent. However in NYC no car ( no car payment and insurance). In texas I have to get another car for wife, credits good so payments will be low I'm in the film industry and would love to know if Austin has the type of media. I lived in NYC before and I know the film industry is amazing. Also wife is in insurance so not sure that Austin has alot of those jobs for her. Plus we love the outdoors as well.
6 answers 6