My initial stool is normal (thick) however the following stool becomes thin/long. Is this a sign of colon cancer or is it normal?

Update: So I read that pencil thin/long stools are a sign of colon cancer but only if they are consistent. For the past 3 days, the first stool passing is always thick; however, the stool that comes after is thin. Is this considered "consistent" then and should be evaluated closer? Or would all the stool passing... show more So I read that pencil thin/long stools are a sign of colon cancer but only if they are consistent. For the past 3 days, the first stool passing is always thick; however, the stool that comes after is thin. Is this considered "consistent" then and should be evaluated closer? Or would all the stool passing need to be thin in order to cause more concern?