Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 years ago

Is it a hoax fundraising campaign to pay for a border wall?

US Air Force veteran Brian Kolfage set up a GoFundMe campaign on Monday asking for supporters to pitch in to pay for the wall.

An internet fundraiser for Donald Trump’s border wall took in more than $7 million from over 131,000 donors.

The fundraising page doesn’t mention Kolfage’s most recent business venture, a Facebook page titled Right Wing News and a ring of affiliate sites that frequently trafficked in conspiracy theories. In October, Right Wing News was pulled down by Facebook in a sweep of more than 559 pages that the company said were “using fake accounts… to drive traffic to their websites” or “were ad farms using Facebook to mislead people into thinking that they were forums for legitimate political debate.”

Update:

Days after the pulldown, Kolfage created a group called Fight4FreeSpeech, which accepts donations, and is also not referenced in the GoFundMe.

Kolfage also ran Right Wing News’ shuttered affiliate sites including VeteranAF and FreedomDaily, which pushed false conspiracy theories, like ones claiming Hillary Clinton was secretly hiding deadly illnesses and fake voter fraud stories days before the 2016 election.

Update 2:

Those sites stopped operating in March, replaced with a string of text that said “This Website Has Gone Out of Business.”

As far as I know there is no mechanism in the federal government that would allow this.

27 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 years ago
    Favorite Answer

That money could be used to house and feed homeless people who exist in this country who were born here.

• 2 years ago

Losers r us '19

• ?
    Lv 6
    2 years ago

NOT AT ALL. Americans are sick and tired of illegals coming here and demand 'Free' everything. Americans also want to feel SAFE and SECURE.

• 2 years ago

No idea.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 6
    2 years ago

Quit being such a snot.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

I predict, because mine was, this gets deleted very soon. I guess YA thinks because we reference this fund to answer the question "do American's want this wall" to be a solicitation for that fund. I heard about it on FOX I guess it was and immediately donated.

Read the fine print it details how giving this to the govt will work or it will not be paid out.

• Al
    Lv 6
    2 years ago

Not a hoax, he is Just a former soldier who is passionate about America's security and people are being so polarized by politics that they don't realize a wall actually secures everyone including immigrants, the vulnerability of a weak border is what entices immigrants to take dangerous chances of putting their children in harms way, 5 billion is a small amount compared to the more than $100 + Billion already of American tax payer money to cover the cost of illegal immigration.....People complain about paying needless taxes, yet the left would rather pay more out of spite of Trump's policy that their party supported just a few short years ago, rather than doing what needs to be done..... even if this guy raises $10 million, its still a drop in the bucket, think about how much $100 Billion effects each of our pockets personally, its a matter of economics if America wants to survive.

• 2 years ago

Liberals HATE Trump so no manner what they will always say it's wrong, I have been CENSORED by Facebook also been banned for months cause I go after liberal snowflakes!

• mokrie
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

The go fund me wall page is for real. Kolfage is a tripple amputee from the Iran war. Last look it had 16 million dollars raised in 5 days. If the funding comes through from the government then the money will all be refunded or given to a charity and each person can decide. Donations have been from 20 dollars to 80 dollars so that's a lot of people that want a wall.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

Maybe. It is pointless anyway.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.