Poll: Would you like to be a big celebrity?

(Yes/No) Why?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 12 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Years ago I was in a restaurant when someone left, kind of in a huff, before he'd even ordered. A man and his family. He stopped in the lobby (where I was waiting) just for a second, and I thought 'Gosh, he looks familiar! Maybe someone I went to school with.' Then suddenly I realized he was Joe Montana, the quarterback for the SF 49ers.

Apparently someone had recognized him and people wouldn't leave him alone. So he left, with his family, before he could even order dinner. Now normally if I'd met the best quarterback in the NFL (which he was at the time) I would introduce myself, shake his hand, and tell him how much I enjoyed his work. But in this situation I was just embarrassed for the poor guy.

A friend of mine went to NYC and saw Carley Simon on the street. He FOLLOWED her for about 5 blocks, on her side of the street and the other side. She saw him and did nothing but, he said, when she finally went into a building she turned briefly to him and smiled before disappearing through the door. I thought that was just bad manners on his part. That's STALKING! I wouldn't have done that.

I wouldn't want to be famous for that reason. People think the have a right to snoop on you, to stop you and take up your time. Like, because you're famous, you OWE them. I wouldn't like that at all.

• CAB
    Lv 7
    12 months ago

I REALLY like some privacy and anonymity.

• Kathy
    Lv 7
    12 months ago

No way. I don't want to have my life in the public's eye all the time.

• Anonymous
    12 months ago

Nope. Reason: because of other humans. I dun like em very much

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    12 months ago

Agreed with Tawny

• Tawny
    Lv 7
    12 months ago

I'd like to make the money they do, yes. However I wouldn't want all my business aired in magazines etc.

• Anonymous
    12 months ago

I dont want to be remembered, I want to be forgotten.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.