Could the Home Alone robbers sue the kid or the kid’s parents in real life (in any US State)?

Yes, they’re criminals, but here in the states you can sue for anything. Plus, it can easily be argued that what the kid did was way over the top (comedy and entertainment, but I’m asking about this scenario being in real life) and the kid could have simply walked to one of his many neighbors and had them call the... show more Yes, they’re criminals, but here in the states you can sue for anything. Plus, it can easily be argued that what the kid did was way over the top (comedy and entertainment, but I’m asking about this scenario being in real life) and the kid could have simply walked to one of his many neighbors and had them call the police in the very beginning (since the phone lines at his house were down).

As an adult, i have a different perspective/outlook when I rewatch movies I watched as a kid, and I can’t help but imagine the scenarios happening in real life.

PS, nowadays, Kevin probably would have had a real gun and shot Harry and Marv fatally.