Dumped before Christmas?

My now ex boyfriend and I have been together for 9 months as of two days ago. Last weekend i caught him texting his ex. From the looks of the text he was just checking in on her and seeing how she was doing but my problem was the time of day he initiated the conversation. It was late that night. Nothing looked out... show more My now ex boyfriend and I have been together for 9 months as of two days ago. Last weekend i caught him texting his ex. From the looks of the text he was just checking in on her and seeing how she was doing but my problem was the time of day he initiated the conversation. It was late that night. Nothing looked out of the ordinary in the text just some catching up questions.
A few days after this my boyfriend went quiet on me (not replying to my texts or calls) .. only for me to open up my email and see that he had sent me an email and it was a breakup email. Saying how he couldn’t do this and he didn’t want to be together etc. he hasn’t responded back to the email i sent him and it’s been two days
TL:DR; how can i find closure in this? I’m confused and lost about this because I’m torn