Republicans: how do you feel about your own party appointing Martha McSally (first female combat pilot in 1991) to the U.S. Senate?

to fill John McCain's seat.

Favorite Answer

Martha McSally was rejected by Arizona Voters and was put in place by idiot governor Dug Dooshy.

She might have been brave in Afghanistan but she's a total coward when it comes to politics and kind of freezes up when asked questions about what she believes.

Reporters have been for days asking her to comment on the resignation of Mattis and the withdrawal of troops from Syria, and Afghanistan but she apparently is too afraid to give her opinion or doesn't have one. I think she's way in over her head and so did voters.

--Comment--

I live in Arizona. I watch the local news here. It's true reporters have been hounding her for a position on this but she refuses to say. She does this all the time, it's why she lost. On last night's CBS 5 broadcast Dennis Welch mentioned that he tried mutliple times to get a comment from her office about the syria withdrawal and they would not respond on the record. You might not find it on google. But you can easily google and see that she has made no public comment on syria. She's like a deer in the headlights when you ask her to give her opinion on Trump policies.

She literally has NO POSITION on the syria withdrawal. Maybe she's waiting for lobbyists or something to tell her what to say, but for a supposed military person she has no comment on this major military action. That's depressing since she's going to represent us in the senate.

• Lois Griffin

keep in mind she hasn't even been sworn in to the Senate yet so....stay tuned.

• helene

I am bored to death with her already. She couldn't beat that communist twit Sinema, and I am wondering what makes her so darned special.

I don't live in Arizona, but if I did, I'd feel about like I would if that asshole Romney decided to take a third shot at the presidency. Just no.

I'm not a sexist Liberal so I don't focus on whether people are women or men when it comes to politics.

I feel great about it. She barely lost to her opponent, and her appointment was based on the legal process that was supposed to be followed.

I don't have an issue with it, she probably should have won the last election.

Well, McCain was Ted Kennedy in some kind of make-up.

I hope Ms. McSally is at least a tiny bit conservative.

Hey, if you lose an election, a friend will appoint you to a good-paying prestigious job at taxpayer expense, even though the voters rejected you. MAGA!

She will be rejected again in November, 2020.

Fantastic. She belongs there. The Arizona hater they voted for show the stupidity of the people of Arizona. I hope they get taxed to death.

Great,,,, I hope she is more conservative than McCain.

She supports Trump and Border security and I like her already.

https://mcsally.house.gov/issues/securing-our-bord...

She is Pro-Life, against gun control, opposes tax hikes, supports states education choices, opposes man-made global warming, against obamacare, yeah you go Martha McSally

https://votesmart.org/candidate/political-courage-...