Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesSaab · 11 months ago

check oil light on on saab 9-3?

i have a 2006 saab 9-3 . it is due for an oil change . my check oil light came on , i need to drive to orlando tonight. is it safe or okay to drive my car ? the oil light is not on itself but the message on the dash board says to check it

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Add 1 quart and you should be fine. It warns you when you are 1 quart low.

• 9 months ago

IT means that you are NTO using the PROPER type of oil! The SAAB is a SUPERB engine and car, but it is ALSO EUROEPAN! So EUROEPAN fully syntheticoil MUST be used! Teh EAIEST to find is MOBIL ONE 0W_40 oil! But I love TOTAL ENERGY OIL from FrAnce, LIQUI MOLY< and even AMSOIl for EUROEPAN engiens! Gm uses ther SAAB engiesn under the name ECOTEC<a nd also used int eh SATURN VUE and the CADDY CATERA! Teh sue of VALVOLILEN and othr WAXSED Oils will KILL this engien wuickly! Ther PROEPR oil is good for MORE than ONE FULL YEAR!>> ALSO< as a former SAAB technician, I URGE you to have your PCV system checked, and to CLEAN the THROTTLE BODY and the IDLE AIR CONTROL VALVE with AMSOIL PWOER FOAM! IF yoU EVER used VALVOLINE< then you MUST get a FULL D}SLUDGE REMOVAL treatment! US oil tht carry teh AUDI 502/505 SPECIFICATION NUMBERS! I recommend LIQUI MOLY< and the use of PENNZOIL EURO wil earn you a 500,000 miles OIL Warranty against LEAKS of gaskets and seals WITH proof of purchase! >>>>CALL 1-800-ALL-EURO for the PCV repair kit to INSURE thigns go RIGHT as they carry teh SAAB PCV reapir kit for about $40! Youc an SEE for yourself by removing the ENGIEN COVER and following the HOSES to the THROTTLE BODY! Reokacing the bad HOSES and VALVE with a KIT willinsure that yoru engien wil NOT FAIL!. YOu SIMPLY MUST use EUROPEAN FULLY SYNTHETIC OIL int hem! MOBIL ON E0W_40 is the EASIEST to find,a nd most dealrships use it!>>>>the WRONG OIL will allow TARRY SLUDGE to form and REMAIN snide the OIL PRESSURE switch! ISth more TIME< it wil turn into SLUDGE or EVEN COKE and give you BAD readings! USe AMSOIL POWER FOAM to clean eh THROTTLE BODY and the IDLE AIR CONTROL VALVE and rrun it through the PCV SYSTEM to clean the TURBO CHARGER and the PISTON TOPS and RINGS!. GOOD LUCK to you then! IF ther TIMIGN CHAIN fills up with SLDUGE< the engien CAN be in DANGEROUS shape! Teh SAME thing for the LIFTERS. Good luck and you can CALL me at 246-234-1795! BYE NOW!

• 11 months ago

check the oil level on the dipstick

• Jeff
    Lv 4
    11 months ago

CHECK THE OIL LEVEL!!! Do not drive it until you do.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 11 months ago

Oil is the most important fluid in your engine. Whenever you get a warning related to oil, check it out. It takes ten seconds to check the level on the dipstick. Add oil as required to bring it back up to between min and max level indicated on the dip stick. This might be scribed lines or a cross-hatched area on the dipstick..

• Anonymous
    11 months ago

CHECK the oil level and service as required.

• 11 months ago

So do you understand what check the oil means?

It means to shut off the motor right away and check the oil level on the dipstick. If there is no oil on the dipstick you either have a bad oil leak or you haven't been changing your oil every 3,000 miles. Don't drive it until you put oil in it or you'll damage the bearings.

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech
  • Ron
    Lv 7
    11 months ago

Check oil light. Gosh, I wonder what that means.

• 11 months ago

Use the dipstick, you DIPSTICK!

• WB
    Lv 7
    11 months ago

Check the oil level (under the hood). It sounds like it may be low. Add the proper weight and type for your car (see owners manual, or Google it). Do not over fill.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.