Should I buy a 250 GB SSD, or will a 128 GB work fine?

I am Looking to purchase a new laptop. Every review than I have read has said the laptop s hard drive is extremely slow and they all suggest adding a solid slate drive and moving the operating system over to that drive. I wanted to know if The higher gigabyte SSD would be faster.

If they have the same read/write speed, then no. With a HDD the speed would possibly slow down as you filled up the disk, but SSDs don't become fragmented, so it won't make a difference.

Get the bigger one. Higher GB will NOT be faster but could last longer. SSD's have circuitry to spread out the wear. This requires free space. Bigger gets you more free space. Also, most of us manage to fill the space we have so more is always helpful.

No; 128 will be fine for the windows system and your programmes. Keep the data on the mechanical drive