If I already got my citizenship/naturalization interview approved for ceremony and I change my address Do they ask for an interview again?

I ask this because I had moved but decided to change my address in usps only I got my mail forwarded and it was fine I got my interview appointment and it was approved to be scheduled for a ceremony. I didn t want to delay the process by changing the address but then I never got my ceremony appointment and I missed it. They said they will reeschedule but it s taking a while. Should I just change my address? I also dont know how long I will be here and I can still get mail at the old address (is in the same city and area)

2 Answers

  • 1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

    Government mail is not forwarded with a U.S. Postal Service Change of Address. If you move, you must pay for Premium Forwarding Service with the U.S. Postal Service. That is why you did not receive your ceremony notification. They would have returned it as undeliverable.

    If your old address is the one they have on file, take off the forwarding.

    No you will not need to redo your interview but you do not want to miss that ceremony appointment a second time.

    • Login to reply the answers
  • 1 year ago

    Mail is only forwarded for up to 90 days. After that, it is returned undeliverable. Furthermore, you are required to provide your current address at all times.

    • Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.