kall asked in TravelUnited KingdomNewcastle · 12 months ago

Am I a Geordie?

It’s really annoying me as I live in Northumberland but I literally live 6 miles away from Tyneside. I do regularly travel to Newcastle and other places in tyneside. I do have the “Geordie dialect” and support NUFC. I’m also planning to move to Newcastle some time soon. This really shouldn’t be pissing me off but it is. Atleast I’m still from the north east. Another couple things about where abouts I live is that I am constantly surrounded by drugs and chavs and it takes about 20 minutes to get to town from where I am. Cheers !

No ,you are a Northumbrian

A geordie is someone who is from Newcastle, you are not from Newcastle and therefore, you would not technically be classed as a Geordie. However I am sure most people around the UK would consider you a Geordie listening to your accent.

To Londoners, you would be a Geordie.

Google said - Geordieland is in the north east of England and is widely believed to encompass the areas of Newcastle Upon Tyne, Gateshead, North & South Tyneside, West Durham & Northumberland which includes Tynedale & Hexham …

• Kasha

A Geordie is someone from Newcastle, you're not from Newcastle.

If you weren't born within spitting distance of the Tyne you're not Geordie, you've not even lived there or live in the area...you live in Northumberland, you're not even in the same region as Geordies! Travelling to Newcastle, supporting NUFC, and having using Geordie dialect obviously doesn't make you Geordie. Living near druggies sure as **** doesn't make you Geordie.

You are a pretend Geordie and you are really a Brummie!

You could always google 'geordie' and see what the definition is, if where you live fits the criteria for being a geordie. You didn't say exactly where you live so we can't decide for you.

It depends on where you were born. If you were born in Newcastle then you are a geordie. If you weren't they you are not

• Mark

<I do have the “Geordie dialect”>

Well, then you are, you faking fack!

Derp.

• kall12 months agoReport

Ahaha I’m not the brightest