Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 12 months ago

John Wayne Gacy was arrested 40 years ago today for the murders of 33 young men in Chicago, Il. Were you alive 1978? Do you have any memory?

Of the crime when it broke? Have you ever met anyone who has actually met him? I grew up 35 miles away from his house, but moved as a child. So any interesting JWG stories to tell?

Favorite Answer

I saw an older couple on a talk show that had been neighbors of his. Maybe Geraldo's talk show? There were soooo many talk shows in the '80s and '90s. Anyhoo, this couple said that they had complained to city authorities over and over about the foul stench coming from Gacy's home - and no one lifted a finger to do anything. When asked about it, Gacy would say it was a 'sewage issue.' Not sure how many years went by before the bodies were discovered.

• 12 months agoReport

The odor was also noticed by officers who Gacy actually invited in, after that they got the search warrant. I was between 5 through 8 during his killing spree, only 35 miles down I 90. Freaky...

No, I was born in 2000 but If I do think he's disgusting and of course he is a white man.

• Jerome

Name sounds familiar. I know notoriety comes with that name. But the most notorious during my day was Jeffrey Dalhmer. The cannibal.

• John P

Born in 1946 in Britain. No, I have no memory of any media reports of that series of mass murders in Chicago in or around 1978.

I was 20. I was too busy drinking beer, smoking weed, and chasing pussy to watch the news.

I have a better memory of Richard Speck, who killed eight student nurses all in one evening. My brother knew all of them.

• Lv 7

I really wish that POS could have been boiled in oil.

I think that libcrusher is related to Gacy. ask him.

Yes , He was a beloved democrat like Teddy .

• 10 months agoReport

Ted Bundy was a Republican.

Yes and yes.

Seems most of the people who knew him ended up dead, yes I was alive in 78, was 21. It was on network news

• Lv 7

Of course you're not white, since your IQ is much too low to be white.