Should stretching for plantar fasciitis be painful??

I ve had chronic plantar fasciitis for a while, but it recently got a lot worse. Pain used to just be in my arch but is now in my heel. When i stretch my calf/achilles it causes severe pain in my heel...should i just stretch through it or is there something else wrong?????

2 Answers

  • k w
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

    I heard that soaking ones foot, in a bath of apple-cider-vinegar helps......Bioplasma @ max label rate for 2 weeks may help as well.....

  • 2 years ago

    I strongly advise you see a physical therapist for a couple of sessions. or go to a doctor. It is very common to have a lot of heel pain associated with plantar fasciitis because it affects the heel and Achilles tendon. in most cases, it is going to take a lot of stretching (and pain) to get some relief, but there is always a small chance this could be something else and stretching could rupture or Achilles tendon. You probably also need to get arch supports or change your shoes and you might benefit from anti-inflammatory medication.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.