Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureRoyalty · 11 months ago

Have the press made up the rivalry between the Duchess of Cambridge and the Duchess of Sussex, or is there a real story there.?

Totally fiction, The newspapers should be ashamed of themselves

• snafu

There appears to be a lot of negative stories put out there about M.Markle. For the media a bit of royal tension is gold dust. Most of it is probably made up.

No smoke without fire I say.

I look on this as making a nice story to sell to a gullible public who hang on every word written in the gutter press and believe it. Yes, they may well not be best buddies, and given that when there were just the 'three musketeers' it was a close unit meaning Catherine may feel some resentment and concern for her brother in law but I seriously doubt the relationship is anywhere like the press are suggesting it is. I think both Princes now have their own lives to live and that means not being tied at the hip, strained relations between their wives, or not.

• Rico

Yes, they made up a rivalry between the princess of Wales and duchess of York when those two women were still members of the royal family.

• Verulam

My take on the Diana and Fergie situation was Fergie was a mischief-maker and had fun putting Diana in the firing line, and then standing back and watch the outcome!! In other words she was rather evil, with the easily led Diana.

No smoke without fire, I find it difficult to believe that it is entirely made up by the gutter press, It makes more sense that the free press is telling the truth.

Almost certainly made up. The press- especially the British press- will say anything to get people to buy the papers.

• Lv 7

And if you follow the royalty section, you will find its only the Monarchists who quote from these papers, no one else does. Funny that.