Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 12 months ago

I just spent one whole year seeking God, and my life is a thousand times worse?

It was my New Years resolution last year. For one full year:

1. I prayed every morning and every night.

2. I read at least two chapters in the Bible and really thought about what it meant.

3. I tried to quit doing things that are supposed to be "wrong" in God's eyes. I wasn't perfect, but I always acted like God was watching me.

What did I get for my efforts?

1. My boyfriend of 2 years, who I thought I would marry, dumped me because I was "on a Jesus kick" and wouldn't have sex with him anymore.

2. My grandmother died in June, even though I prayed for her.

3. I got fired from one job and now I'm making less money.

4. My cat was diagnose with leukemia and had to be put to sleep.

I could go on about how shitty everything is now, theres a lot more. But my question is, WHY? Why did God allow all this to happen, and why did i never hear from him? I never felt comforted or happy, I just felt miserable all year.

Favorite Answer

See my answers for better results .

These links i found should really help answer your question..

This first one explains why we have suffering in the world even though god is supposed to be loving

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/books/bible-tea...

This second one helps us see how we can draw close to god

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/wp201...

Source(s): Jw.org

You need to go to a Bible teaching church instead of trying to do something you know so little about.

"1. My boyfriend of 2 years, who I thought I would marry, dumped me because I was "on a Jesus kick" and wouldn't have sex with him anymore." Then you're better off without him. He was using you for sex, not interested in you as a person.

"2. My grandmother died in June, even though I prayed for her." Not to sound cruel, but we all have to die sometime. She is in Paradise right now being perfected.

"3. I got fired from one job and now I'm making less money." That could be a coincidence, dear one. God never guarantees us a certain income.

"4. My cat was diagnose[d] with leukemia and had to be put to sleep." Again, death is just something that happens during mortality.

"I could go on about how shitty everything is now, theres a lot more. But my question is, WHY? Why did God allow all this to happen, ..." Every good father has to take his hands off the bicycle sooner or later, dear one. Besides, the hunter doesn't sic his dog on the dead duck, but on the winged duck. Somebody is trying to turn you against God. Don't let him do it to you.

"... and why did i never hear from him?" Some people wait for years to experience God. And things could very well have been much worse without God's help. Faith precedes the miracle. Be willing enough to find him for yourself that you persist in doing what's right, praying, and studying (especially the New Testament).

• Otto

Study one year the Bible with Jehovah's Witnesses and you can find the truth and be happy.

Source(s): Bible
    • Glenn S

Jehovah Witnesses are accursed by God and will spend eternity in torment in the Lake of Fire.

Even Jesus felt forsaken at one point of His life. Life happens... sometimes seeming to be boring and at others an all out fight with a 1-2 punch! It is not that God allows it to happen... it's just how it is because of circumstances and the free will of other people in our lives. You have been hearing from Him all along. His Spirit has shown you your need of Him, taught you more about yourself and about who He is and what He has done. He doesn't promise to make your life any easier... but that He would be there with you along the way. Things will change and grow in your Spiritual relationship with our living God as time goes on. Remember... He is always as close as the mention of His name.

• yesmar

Perhaps what you were expecting was not what showed up.

• Donald

また来たね?

Read Matt chapter 13... ( slowly )

Where do you fit in here?

The devil lives to make you disbelieve.

why give him this power...

rebuke him.

In Jesus name rebuke him.

then continue on.

did you repent of sins before asking for help?

Now go read Hebrews chapter 11.

verse 6?

Source(s): Read Isa 43:25-26 . Then do it!!!!!!!! In this exact order as given Repent in Jesus name Love God Ask for help ( talk to HIM )
    • Donald

BEWARE OF BEST ANSWER..... beware of his posts.
      (a word of advice)

Read about Job and his miseries. Christianity is not about finding happiness, it is about suffering. "Suffer little children to come unto me". Jesus did not enjoy himself, he suffered.

What is it you think God is trying to teach you? Bitterness, or Faith in the midst of trials?

• jon pike

Your objection is noted, Jeff. Thank you.