I just spent one whole year seeking God, and my life is a thousand times worse?
1. I prayed every morning and every night.
2. I read at least two chapters in the Bible and really thought about what it meant.
3. I tried to quit doing things that are supposed to be "wrong" in God's eyes. I wasn't perfect, but I always acted like God was watching me.
What did I get for my efforts?
1. My boyfriend of 2 years, who I thought I would marry, dumped me because I was "on a Jesus kick" and wouldn't have sex with him anymore.
2. My grandmother died in June, even though I prayed for her.
3. I got fired from one job and now I'm making less money.
4. My cat was diagnose with leukemia and had to be put to sleep.
I could go on about how shitty everything is now, theres a lot more. But my question is, WHY? Why did God allow all this to happen, and why did i never hear from him? I never felt comforted or happy, I just felt miserable all year.