Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceTaxesUnited States · 11 months ago

How do I get less taxes taken out my paycheck?

I work at the IRS as a CSR and work 40 hours Monday thru Friday and get paid biweekly. My gross pay is $1,412.57 but my net pay was $973 and that’s waaay too much taxes taken out. I work in Kentucky but I live in Ohio.

I’m wondering how can I get less taxes taken out of my paycheck?

My W-4 exemption is 01 and I’m single with no kids.

I will pick best answer. Thank you.

11 Answers

  • 11 months ago
    Best Answer

    You could probably go to 2 instead of 1, other than that, it is what it is.

  • 11 months ago

    There is NO WAY you could be a Customer Service Representative for the IRS and not know SQUAT about a W-4.

    This question is a FLAT OUT LIE.

  • 11 months ago

    You work at the IRS, have a question about taxes and you are asking the question here??

    That's like working at NASA and having a space question but posting it on here...

  • Judith
    Lv 7
    11 months ago

    Change your exemption to 02 and you will owe the IRS taxes come tax time. You decide. And if you work at the IRS, I'm the Easter Bunny.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 11 months ago

    You get less taken out of the paycheck by claiming more exemptions on your W-4, but don't. You won't end up with more money, and you might end up with less. If you have less taken out of your paychecks, then you'll get a smaller tax refund after the end of the year, or none, and you might even have to pay money.

  • 11 months ago

    You can have zero taxes deducted if that's what you want. However, what's more important is how much tax you will owe at tax time next year in April. Deductions are simply a way to put aside money to pay your taxes at tax time next year. If you have not had enough taken out of your pay each pay period, you'll have to come up with cash to pay at tax time -- ouch.

  • 11 months ago

    Change your W-4

  • NA
    Lv 7
    11 months ago

    Your W-4 should probably have been set to 2 all year.

    For the IRS, use the withholding calculator to see if where you stand with your ytd withholding vs what you will actually owe.

    As for taxes, you will file first with Kentucky (and that's the state income tax that should be withheld) and then use those taxes as a credit when you file with Ohio.

  • Anonymous
    11 months ago

    Sure you work at the IRS,Sparky.

  • 11 months ago

    You work for the IRS and can't ask one of the "experts" there what to do to help you get more pay?

    • Erik
      Lv 7
      11 months agoReport

      Just what I was thinking

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.