Does anyone else feel like it cost a lot of money to cook at home and be healthy and really eat a hearty meal?

if you want to eat a can of beans and rice then yeah its cheap but if you want to eat stuff like strawberries, blueberries, its expensive.olive oil is also expensive. to make something like gumbo is expensive because you cant keep vegetables in your freezer too long before they go bad. chicken breasts at my local... show more if you want to eat a can of beans and rice then yeah its cheap but if you want to eat stuff like strawberries, blueberries, its expensive.olive oil is also expensive. to make something like gumbo is expensive because you cant keep vegetables in your freezer too long before they go bad. chicken breasts at my local grocery store is $10 for the smallest pack. cheapest bag of shrimp at my local grocery store is like $16, steak will run you about $10-20 per packet and things like cheese and milk you cant buy in bulk because dairy expires faster than anything else