Why do feminists work so hard to stop MRAs from achieving equality...?

Why don't they want to allow men to have equality...???

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

Most of the inequities that MRAs want to change are a direct result of feminist efforts to advantage females in those areas. Obviously feminists want to maintain their advantage in those areas.

Let's look at some specifics:

MRAs have been pushing for states to adopt an equal presumption of joint custody. Feminists oppose this because they want women to continue to be favored under the tender years doctrine philosophy.

MRAs want boys to receive an equal, unbiased education. Feminists however fought hard for legislation that changed education in ways favoring girls. They don't want to lose this advantage.

MRAs believe male victims of domestic violence should receive the same, equal help female victims receive. Feminists however are the ones who pushed for DV shelters to be for women only, denying males help and they want to maintain this.

The pattern is obvious. MRAs want to undo practices that advantage females and disadvantage males, feminists want the opposite.

• 11 months ago

We don't.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

Because they oppose each other.

• joedlh
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

Magnetic Resonance Angiogram? I looked up MRA and this is all I found. I suspect that you have something else in mind, given that the concept of "equality" hardly applies to a medical test. If you're going to use anagrams known only to a cloistered few, you ought to help out the rest of us by spelling it out.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 year ago

I don't respect MRAs because they are part of a reactionary movement. They would benefit men "more" by actually working on men's rights and reform instead of picking petty arguments with feminists.

• No Regrets
      Lv 7
      1 year agoReport

Throughout history, any time women gained rights there was always a pushback movement.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.