How come video game-based cartoons aren't popular like they use to be?

Hi. I am just a little curious about this. Despite the fact that video games have actually been around since the 1940's (the U.S. military were the first ones to make electronic games), they weren't commercialized until the '70s and weren't popularized until the '80s. Cartoon shows based on... show more Hi. I am just a little curious about this.

Despite the fact that video games have actually been around since the 1940's (the U.S. military were the first ones to make electronic games), they weren't commercialized until the '70s and weren't popularized until the '80s.

Cartoon shows based on video games were popular back in the '80s and '90s. There were dozens of them.
In the '80s there was a Pac-Man cartoon, A series on CBS called "Saturday Supercade", which showcased cartoons based on Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr., Q-Bert, Frogger, Pitfall, Kangaroo and Space Ace.

There was a cartoon show based on "Pole Position", another popular '80s video game.

At the height of Super Mario Bros. popularity in the late '80s to early '90s there were 3 cartoon shows based on games in this series- "Super Mario Bros. Super Show", "Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3" and "Super Mario World". Around this time there was also "Captain 'N' the Game Master", which showcased games that were popular on NES at the time. "Legend of Zelda", another cartoon based on a popular Nintendo video game, was part of "Super Mario Bros. Super Show" and Link and Zelda from the Zelda games appeared on "Captain 'N' ".

There were also cartoon series in the '90s based on Sonic The Hedgehog.

There were cartoon shows based on '80s/'90s fighting games- "Street Fighter", "Double Dragon" and "Mortal Kombat".

But how come video game cartoons on TV aren't popular now?

Please help- thank you.
Update: There's a bunch of cartoon shows and live-action shows based on video games listed here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_television_programs_based_on_video_games The only one I know of that is/was currently on TV was "Sonic Boom" on Cartoon Network, and I was told that show's not even that... show more There's a bunch of cartoon shows and live-action shows based on video games listed here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_television_programs_based_on_video_games

The only one I know of that is/was currently on TV was "Sonic Boom" on Cartoon Network, and I was told that show's not even that popular.
Update 2: "Sonic Boom" is a recent cartoon show based on Sonic The Hedgehog.
Update 3: There were two movies made recently paying homage to classic video games- Disney's "Wreck-It-Ralph" which is animated, and Pixar's "Pixels" which is a live-action animated film.
Update 4: I don't know if these two video game-based cartoon movies together did much to respark an interest in classic video games from the '70s, '80s and '90s.
Update 5: I don't know if these two video game-based cartoon movies together did much to respark an interest in classic video games from the '70s, '80s and '90s.
Update 6: How come video game-based cartoons aren't popular like they used to be? - FIXED.
Update 7: I forgot there was an "Earthworm Jim" series in the '90s: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earthworm_Jim_(TV_series)