How to boost my immunity whilst working full time nightshift?

I enjoy doing nightshift. I work alone and have a good routine. I am in charge of a major hospital switchboard on my own. But these last 3 weeks I've had a recurrent flu/cold that affects my throat and leaves my body with a nasty fever. This time my throat is really bad. Tomorrow I'm going to ask for a... show more I enjoy doing nightshift. I work alone and have a good routine. I am in charge of a major hospital switchboard on my own.

But these last 3 weeks I've had a recurrent flu/cold that affects my throat and leaves my body with a nasty fever. This time my throat is really bad. Tomorrow I'm going to ask for a strep throat test to determine if it is bacterial or viral. I have a blood test on Monday morning.

I have put on a ridiculous amount of weight. I'm 186cm tall and now weigh 109kg. That scared me. I looked at my stomach tonight and I'm very worried. I restrict my meals to 2 times per day. Dinner about midnight at work and breakfast about 5am.

Dinner consists of meat and vegetable dishes. No take away.

I don't incorporate exercise. The doctor seems convinced that my immune system will greatly improve with weight loss and consistent exercise. I'm motivated to get my weight down but will it help prevent recurrent infections?

Also, I'm studying to be a nurse but having second thoughts if I'm going to be picking up all the viruses!
Update: I'm also concerned about my family. I have s son who is only 7 months old. I'm not going near him or my wife whilst I'm sick.
Update 2: No the hospital won't necessarily have all the info. I work in an admin building separate from the main hospital. Even air con is separate so technically shouldn't be getting exposed. But two days ago I did go to visit my colleague in ED. It doesn't explain the first bout of infection 2 weeks ago when I... show more No the hospital won't necessarily have all the info. I work in an admin building separate from the main hospital. Even air con is separate so technically shouldn't be getting exposed. But two days ago I did go to visit my colleague in ED. It doesn't explain the first bout of infection 2 weeks ago when I never set foot into clinical areas...
Update 3: My relationship with my wife continues to worsen. Every little thing makes her angry at me. She took a photo with me at her xmas party but said I looked disgusting. I think she was referring to my fat face. I see that she likes a couple of her Chinese colleagues as they make more money than I do, are more outgoing,... show more My relationship with my wife continues to worsen. Every little thing makes her angry at me. She took a photo with me at her xmas party but said I looked disgusting. I think she was referring to my fat face. I see that she likes a couple of her Chinese colleagues as they make more money than I do, are more outgoing, more funny and much skinnier than I. I had to take out an AVO on her for being violent to me and around our newborn son.
Update 4: Now I'm sick so she needs to sleep separately. I think the lack of photos together, sleeping separately etc is indicative of our failing marriage :(