ZOOZOO asked in Dining OutOther - Dining Out · 11 months ago

What should I do if a restaurant worker or manager takes my order THEN informs me that they're doing to-go only AFTER THEY TOOK MY ORDER?

At a local pizza place, I placed my order for pizza and ordered a drink (planning on eating there that night) then sat down. A while after I ordered (probably enough time for them to have got my pizza beyond started), the guy working there brought over my drink then says "you know we're doing to-go only, right?" and informed me that they're closing early due to slow business.

I didn't know that and dont know how I was supposed to already know they were doing to-go only. I feel that he should have told me that before i ordered food or even first thing when I walked in.

I'm not so much mad because they were doing to-go only but what I am mad about is that he took my order THEN minutes later he surprises me with "you know we're doing to-go only right?" when it was beyond the last minute and putting me in this awkward position.

What should I do when this kinda thing happens?

Or what would you do if someone did that to you in this scenario?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 11 months ago
    Best Answer

Explain that you are sorry, but that you wanted to eat in and that you will thus cancel your order. Then walk out.

• pmt853
    Lv 7
    11 months ago

At a local pizza place, I placed my order for pizza and ordered a drink (planning on eating there that night) then sat down. A while after I ordered (probably enough time for them to have got my pizza beyond started), the guy working there brought over my drink then says "you know we're doing to-go only, right?" and informed me that they're closing early due to slow business.

I didn't know that and dont know how I was supposed to already know they were doing to-go only. I feel that he should have told me that before i ordered food or even first thing when I walked in.

I'm not so much mad because they were doing to-go only but what I am mad about is that he took my order THEN minutes later he surprises me with "you know we're doing to-go only right?" when it was beyond the last minute and putting me in this awkward position.

What should I do when this kinda thing happens?

Or what would you do if someone did that to you in this scenario?

• 11 months ago

You should go home and call your local mental health clinic.

One definition of insanity is repeating the same behavior expecting a different result. By that criteria you are certifiable.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.