ZOOZOO asked in Dining OutOther - Dining Out · 11 months ago

What should I do if a restaurant worker or manager takes my order THEN informs me that they're doing to-go only AFTER THEY TOOK MY ORDER?

At a local pizza place, I placed my order for pizza and ordered a drink (planning on eating there that night) then sat down. A while after I ordered (probably enough time for them to have got my pizza beyond started), the guy working there brought over my drink then says "you know we're doing to-go only, right?" and informed me that they're closing early due to slow business.

I didn't know that and dont know how I was supposed to already know they were doing to-go only. I feel that he should have told me that before i ordered food or even first thing when I walked in.

I'm not so much mad because they were doing to-go only but what I am mad about is that he took my order THEN minutes later he surprises me with "you know we're doing to-go only right?" when it was beyond the last minute and putting me in this awkward position.

What should I do when this kinda thing happens?

Or what would you do if someone did that to you in this scenario?

Best Answer

Explain that you are sorry, but that you wanted to eat in and that you will thus cancel your order. Then walk out.

• pmt853

You should go home and call your local mental health clinic.

One definition of insanity is repeating the same behavior expecting a different result. By that criteria you are certifiable.