Any advice for a female looking to get her CDL?

So I'm a 35 year old female living in Stockton Ca. For the past 10 years or so I've been working in warehouses doing order selection, shipping receiving etc. I have a friend who I worked with that went into trucking about 3 years ago and he absolutely loves it. He reffered me to a school that costs about... show more So I'm a 35 year old female living in Stockton Ca. For the past 10 years or so I've been working in warehouses doing order selection, shipping receiving etc. I have a friend who I worked with that went into trucking about 3 years ago and he absolutely loves it. He reffered me to a school that costs about $2500. That includes 4 weeks of training, helping me get all my endorcements and job placement assistance. I have no experience driving at all, but I'm excited to try something new, and I need simetbig to fall back on. I know it requires hard work and paying my dues first and that OTR drivers make the most, but I never wanted to be away from home all the time. My friend suggested I work for 3 years and come to his company and it's a wrap. My friend is making 75-85k/year now and I want in. What are some things I can expect as a female starting out? And are jobs for drivers really as plentiful as it seems? Thanks in advance.
3 answers 3