What is the current version of a mix CD/tape?

I have a few songs in iTunes that I would like to make into a mix CD-type thing for a Christmas gift. Since nobody really owns CD players anymore, what is the current mix format? How do I “gift” somebody a mix of songs?

Favorite Answer

Hey, HEY, I own CD players. One on each stereo set in my home and at my hanger (My "Hide Out"). I prefer to own physical copies. itunes, apple and so forth if you end your subscription every thing you thought you bought is REMOVED. You DO NOT own your music evidently.

If you want something more modern, why not load a Thumb Drive. A perpetual "image". Heck, many newer cars even let you plug them in.

Are "mix-tapes" still a thing? It sounds so 90's.....and rather pretentious too. Not to mention, technically illegal (as in copyright violation). If you're going to give a last century gift, might as well put it on a CD. Better still, put it on a thumb drive....at least the recipient can re-use it if they don't like the music.

I would still make a CD and by that hope to "guilt" the person into getting a player if necessary.

Don't forget that all DVD and BD players are required by licensing agreements to handle CDs,

so a lot more people than you might realize DO have a player.