Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceOther - Business & Finance · 2 years ago

I received a voicemail today.?

I received a voicemail from a lady that stated she was an independent courier and she had legal documents I had to sign So she said I need to get back with her immediately. She stated she would be going to my work first to locate me and then my home if I wasn’t found at work. I called the number back and some “loan officer answered and said owe ace cash express money and I had to pay it back. I said I didn’t owe them and he got very rude, said some words and hung up. I’m so confused. If this is real can an “independent courier” really show up to my job? And my home as well? Please help I’m very confused here.

Favorite Answer

I don't give ANY information over the phone. I tell them if they have something for me, to mail it. If they ask for my name and address, I tell them it is in your records, and hang up.

Scam. Ignore it. You shouldn't have called back. Now they know you are a working number and if they can't sucker anything out of you, they can at least sell your number to other scammers.

Never respond to strange phone calls or emails. Just hang up or delete.

its a common scam, Your actual tax provider or insurer (depending on what they were actually claiming.) would send you an email or a physical piece of mail when you need to pay money towards them and give you 60- days or so to pay it.

• Judy

how about it's a scammer?

Yes, but they wouldn't tell you on the phone if they were going to do that. If they actually wanted to find you, they wouldn't warn you that they were coming. So the fact that you got the phone call saying that they were coming means that they aren't coming. They can show up -- but they wouldn't say that they were going to show up and then show up. That wouldn't make sense. They would either show up or say that they will show up -- but not both.

It's a scam, they don't really know anything. No need to worry just block them

• Eva

It's a scam. They try to scare you into giving them your banking info or ask you to pay with a prepaid card.

It is a scam. Next time ask them where you work or your address.

• Rick B

No idea. If so, you can read the documents and try to figure out if it is a mistake.

• Nicey8

It is a scam.