What was the name of that movie where the guy zipped around a post-apocalyptic landscape on an aluminum motorcycle?

He said that it ran on methane that he made from chicken&*1t. He was like, the last technological guy in a land of barbarians, and his little silvery motorbike ran on methane, it's engine sounded like a high buzzing whine like it was pulled out of a model airplane, and that's just about all that I... show more He said that it ran on methane that he made from chicken&*1t. He was like, the last technological guy in a land of barbarians, and his little silvery motorbike ran on methane, it's engine sounded like a high buzzing whine like it was pulled out of a model airplane, and that's just about all that I remember about it. I haven't seen the sucker since the late 80's or early 90's.
Update: Most of the time he looked like the Stig or one of the Mercury seven astronauts. I think his suit was silvery like that. He managed to stay pretty clean in a red dust environment, and whats' more, I don't remember him using a lot of roads; he basically set out across the open desert on this scooter that... show more Most of the time he looked like the Stig or one of the Mercury seven astronauts. I think his suit was silvery like that. He managed to stay pretty clean in a red dust environment, and whats' more, I don't remember him using a lot of roads; he basically set out across the open desert on this scooter that looked almost like a mountain bike moped clad in aluminum flashing!