Why did the Terminator shoot the first Sarah Connor multiple times?

This is proof you are never too old to learn new things. In my case, think of things new(ly). I have seen the original 1984 classic dozens of times. I can recite line for line, score\soundtrack\song from beginning to end. It is still one of my all time favorite films. Anyways, while watching it (again) on... show more This is proof you are never too old to learn new things. In my case, think of things new(ly). I have seen the original 1984 classic dozens of times. I can recite line for line, score\soundtrack\song from beginning to end. It is still one of my all time favorite films. Anyways, while watching it (again) on Tubi, which is now on Xfinity as an app, I pondered why the Terminator shot the first Sarah Connor so many times. He is a machine, was basically at point blank range, and even had laser sight. One shot was enough. The rest, if he were human or at least emotional, could be seen as rage or sadistic enjoymemt of violence. What do you all think?