Is this gaming PC worth the price?

I m in the market to buy a gaming PC. I m not too educated with hardware of a PC and I wanted to know if this was a good deal for what I m getting.

$390

Intel Core I5-4590 Haswell CPU Processor.

Asus Stryx NVidia GeForce GTX 970 4gb GDDR5 Graphics card.

Gigabyte B85M-D3H Motherboard.

12gb DDR3 1600MHz RAM.

128gb Samsung SSD for OS and apps.

1tb Hitachi 7200rpm HDD for storage.

Cooler Master 550watt 80 Plus Bronze Power Supply Unit.

Corsair Carbide Series 88R windowed Gaming Case with Blue LED fan and red LED strip added.

Windows 10 Pro Installed and Optimized with all the latest Drivers downloaded

According to the seller, the parts are all in perfect working condition. The cable management and organization of the desktop was very good. Also, I m fully aware I won t be getting the highest gaming performance with this budget; I m simply hoping for one better than what my HP laptop can run. Is this worth buying?

• 1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

I'd say that was not a bad price at all. Gigabyte, Corsair and Coolermaster are good brands, so it shows that the person who built this computer wasn't just interested in the cheapest stuff he could find to put in it. 16gb is probably more memory than you can use. The SSD will make it boot up really fast (I have one on this computer and I love it.) The 4th-generation i5 is not frighteningly fast by today's standards but will do pretty well with 16 gigs of memory and an SSD.

I think a case with a window in it, and LEDs inside, is kind of tacky. But this is common in gaming machines.

• 1 year ago

you will able to play games with that for sure it just depends on the settings now

• 1 year ago

It's ok ish for the money, and you should be able to do some decent gaming on it but may need to turn the settings down on some more demanding / recent games.

• 1 year ago

yes looks like it

• 1 year ago

Your Video Card, is a bit old.

• 1 year ago

gaming now is very bad and not worth it full stop.

• 1 year ago

this will be much better than your laptop, yes.

it is new or used? i dislike buying used computers because you don't know how they were used ... could have been run 24/7/365 by someone trying cryptomining or operating a server

• 1 year ago

It's not really the best, but it would be very difficult if not impossible to find something better for that same price. It should be able to handle pretty much any current game at 1080p 60 FPS medium/high settings.

• Robert
    1 year ago

I gave up on PC gaming, just too expensive. I use to upgrade my system every two years and in the end concluded that console gaming is far more cost effective and less trouble shooting involved. I do miss mouse and keyboard controls but have adapted to a controller.

• Dze
    1 year ago

sounds ok .. it will kick your laptops as so bad you'll be happy with it im sure ..